Friday, January 2, 2015

Week 1 Sweater Remake



It's a new year and new things are happening for me! I am super excited to take on my own project 52 of making at least one DIY refashion item per week. I would like to make more than one a week if possible, but reality with two kids and a husband means my time is spent smooching on my loves... But I can say I do love taking a few minutes of me time to alter my clothes and thrifty finds into something new and creative!! Hope you enjoy my version of refashioning! Week one starts with my husbands sweater that he no longer wears! [excuse the fingerprints and smudges.. Hello two year old]  ... Yes those socks aren't matches, no I do not care!! BEFORE 
First I decided that I really loved the feel of this shirt but I hate pullovers.. So I cut the front to make more of a cardigan feel. 
Then I sewed back the edges and added pockets.. ( it's my first attempt at pockets and I made them a little small.. But I'm learning and I want to keep them small to remember my first official refashion ) 
After the pockets were sewn on, I showed it off to my husband and he was excited that his old shirt still could get some use... And it came in perfect time to stay cozy the next day when taking the kids to the doctor and having lunch with my mom! It's not perfect.. But it's perfectly mine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment