Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week 3 Dress Refashion 4 Ways!!

There were so many possibilities with this dress, but since I am not a fan of the material.. I decided I would go out on a limb and try something really new to me. Since I didn't like the fabric, screwing up wouldn't totally upset me. Here's the before: again, fresh shower look-- I actually took this before with last weeks before-- so I'm sorry for the double dose of no make up me!! 
And off to work -- 
First I had to cut around the edge of the material at the edge where the top half was sewn to the bottom half. I actually liked the top half and the bottom.. Just not together as a dress. 
Then I pinned the material to cut off some of the excess fabric. 
And then opted for the side shoulder look..
That's me in my leftover makeup - early morning- sewing glory!! Ahhh--- anyway, ... 
I took some of the leftover fabric from the excess side material to braid a lining piece for the top of my shirt. And here it is! It certainly isn't my best piece, but given that I'm new at this, I am very pleased.. (The braided part is actually flipped up in the picture.. Note To self to double check it next time...and ignore the crazy messy house pics.. Currently renovating and about to paint walls!!) 
As promised, here are the other three alternative looks made from this dress!! 
Using the top half as a short topper.. 
Dividing the shirt topper and using the new shirt as a skirt.. And then using the shirt as a skirt alone without the topper. 
So which is your favorite style?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment