Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Week 2 Skirt to Shirt


It all started when I could barley squeeze my chunky butt into my grandmother in laws old pastel skirt, but that certainly wasn't going to stop me from wearing it.(please excuse the messy no make up look. My hair was still wet from the shower and my toddler was running crazy as you can see) 
A little tweaking made this skirt a sweet go to for my wardrobe. First I folded down the edge of the top of the skirt because I wanted to keep the elastic in tact and honestly I was too lazy to take it out and redo the entire thing.. So folding and sewing down the extra fabric was my method. 
Just a few pins 
And then onto sewing...
Next was deciding what was going to make this shirt pop. I love vintage and I love a lace look, but what really shouted at me was this piece that I picked up at a yard sale a while back. I had meant to use it on a dress for my daughter, but this shirt called for it: 
There we are.. Sewed on the vintage piece (crooked & I don't even care) and viola : a cute new shirt. Now I will note that I plan to wear this as a shirt and a skirt.. Which is my reasoning for keeping the box shape, but as a shirt I can use a small clip to cinch the sides a bit for a less boxy look.... I personally love the box look with this jacket... So no side clip needed!!! 

2 comments: